1. Gender and Transformation workshops at NY University - Call for Papers!
Deadline for submissions is 10th of November 2017.
2017-11-02 13:51:38 /
2. Grants for grassroot organizations supporting women and girls - violence survivors!
Grasroot organizations and institutions supproting women and girls (violence survivors) and providing educational and legal efforts in the name of change in this area are welcome to apply for grants. Deadline is 5th of December 2017.
2017-11-02 13:35:15 /
3. FEMINISTS FOR TRANSFORMATION: AN OPEN MEETING TO CELEBRATE 25 YEARS OF FEMINIST ACHIEVEMENTS AND TO IMAGINE OUR FEMINIST WORK IN THE FUTURE
The Network of East-West Women (NEWW), an organization founded to link up feminists from all over East and Central Europe and feminists from the U.S., had its first meeting in Dubrovnik in June of 1991. 25 years!
2016-04-25 10:04:48 /
4. GENDER AND TRANSFORMATION: WOMEN IN EUROPE WORKSHOP NYU CENTER FOR EUROPEAN AND MEDITERRANEAN STUDIES CALL FOR PAPERS 2015-2016
"Theorizing Gender, Class, Race, and Religion in Europe" DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: JUNE 26, 2015 The GENDER and TRANSFORMATION: WOMEN in EUROPE Workshop-a joint project from New York University and the Network of East-West Women
2015-06-24 15:22:28 /
5. GENDER AND TRANSFORMATION: WOMEN IN EUROPE WORKSHOP
NYU CENTER FOR EUROPEAN AND MEDITERRANEAN STUDIES, CALL FOR PAPERS SPRING 2015, DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: NOVEMBER 28, 2014
2014-11-07 22:29:57 /
6. New Book by Oliveira Simic, Former Legal Fellow of NEWW
How do you pick up the pieces after your life is shattered by war? How do you continue living when your country no longer exists, your language is no longer spoken and your family is divided, not just by distance but by politics too? What happens when your old identity is taken from you and a new one imposed, one that you never asked for?
2014-09-23 05:48:00 /
7. NEWW Member Reports from CSW, March 2014
New York, 10-21 March 2014. People of the world interested in women’s issues are keeping an eye on events and waiting for the final conclusions to be published by the 58th Session of UN Commission on the Status of Women. By Elene Rusetskaia,
Director, Women's Information Center, Georgia
2014-05-10 16:12:07 /
8. Cartier Seeks Exceptional Women Entrepreneurs – Apply Before February 28, 2014
The call for applications for the 2014 edition of the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards has started.
2014-02-09 19:02:03 /
9. In Three Weeks We RISE!
Activists in 169 countries on six continents, including newest additions - Albania, Benin, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Georgia, Guyana, Jamaica, Lesotho, Luxembourg, and Slovenia – are planning to RISE.
2014-01-26 23:03:56 /
10. Invitation to Gender and Transformation Worshop
The GENDER and TRANSFORMATION In EUROPE Workshop-a joint project from New York University and the Network of East-West Women-invites speakers to submit proposals for Friday afternoon talks for Spring 2014 at the NYU Center for European and Mediterranean Studies.
2013-11-29 20:30:54 /
11. The Vienna+20 CSO Declaration
On June 25 and 26 June 2013, the Vienna+20 CSO Conference of more than 140 persons from various CSOs around the world gathered at Vienna onthe occasion of the 20th anniversary of the 1993 World Conference on Human Rights and its Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action issued on June 25, 1993.
2013-07-26 14:11:20 /
12. Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka from South Africa appointed as new UN Women Executive Director
(New York, 10 July 2013) UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today announced the appointment of Ms. Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka from South Africa as the new Executive Director of UN Women, the organization leading UN’s work on advancing gender equality and women’s rights.
2013-07-25 18:47:30 /
13. WILPF Peacewomen Award 2013 for Olivera Simic
The Peacewomen Awards recognise women as peace builders and celebrate the work they do. Organised by the Queensland branch of Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF), the celebrations have run successfully since 2010.
2013-04-28 14:19:03 /
14. Moving Beyond the Numbers: Integrating Women into Peacekeeping Operations
by Olivera Simić, 13 March 2013. This policy brief examines the steps needed to improve women’s participation in peacekeeping, highlights the problem inherent in commonly cited arguments for increasing women peacekeepers and proposes key recommendations.
2013-04-05 13:52:18 /
15. MICHELLE BACHELET TO STEP DOWN AS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF UN WOMEN
15 March 2013 – Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today said that Michelle Bachelet had informed him of her intention to step down as head of the United Nations entity mandated to promote gender equality.
2013-03-17 22:40:51 /