1. Sevdije Ahmeti Kosovo Activist Died Today
Today a great activist has left us. Sevdije Ahmeti was an instigator and pillar of the women’s rights movement in Kosovo. Among Kosovo’s earliest advocates of women’s rights as human rights, she was a leader, an activist, a feminist, a writer.
2016-11-19 22:45:20 /
2. Feminist Meeting in Warsaw at the Eve of Beijing+20 Celebrations
31 representatives of feminist, LBT and immigrant organisations met in Warsaw on December 13/14 to discuss the Beijing+20 celebrations in Poland and in Europe.
2014-12-21 13:38:37 /
3. Convention on preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence (Istanbul Convention), enters into force on the 1st of August 2014
The EU Istanbul Convention enters into force on 1 August 2014.
This is an important milestone in the history of the Women’s Movement and much remains to be done to improve the situation of women survivors of violence and their children.
2014-08-08 21:15:44 /
4. Beijing + 20, Geneva, November 2014
Engage in the NGO CSW GENEVA Review process of the great Promise made in 1995 at the Beijing 4th World Conference on Women.
2014-08-05 07:40:53 /
5. Threats to withdraw the Maternity Leave Directive
The European Women’s Lobby cries scandal as the rhetoric on women’s rights and gender equality takes a blow.
2014-07-10 22:48:29 /
6. CALL FOR PAPERS FALL 2014
GENDER AND TRANSFORMATION: WOMEN IN EUROPE WORKSHOP
NYU Center for European and Mediterranean Studies
Call for papers Fall 2014
Deadline for submissions: July 15, 2014
2014-06-15 20:01:49 /
7. Council of Europe: Europe in biggest human rights crisis since Cold War
[Council of Europe, Strasbourg, 23 April 2014] "Europe faces the deepest democratic crises since the Cold War", says Thorbjørn Jagland, Secretary General of the Council of Europe in the first-ever comprehensive report on the state of democracy, human rights and the rule of law in Europe.
2014-05-12 07:00:49 /
8. Violence against women: an EU-wide survey. Main results report
This FRA survey is the first of its kind on violence against women across the 28 Member States of the European Union (EU). It is based on interviews with 42,000 women across the EU,
2014-03-15 20:25:16 /
9. Comment on the Situation in Ukraine from Lviv Women NGO
We, as women's NGO calls on the community to take more strong power actions to the Heads of States who violate international treaties and do not respect the sovereignty of other countries.
- A letter send by Iryna Trokhym, our friend from Lviv
2014-03-03 17:59:21 /
10. Raport on the Situation of Men and Women in the Baltic Sea Region
During 2013, the UBC Commission on Gender Equality has been realizing a second raport on the situation of men and women in the Baltic Sea region
2014-02-27 13:00:38 /
11. Punish the Client, not the Prostitute
Press release - Women's rights/Equal opportunities − 26-02-2014 - 14:00
2014-02-26 18:06:23 /
12. New EWL Secretary General appointed: we welcome Joanna Maycock!
[Brussels, 3 February 2014] The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is happy to announce the appointment of its new Secretary General : Joanna Maycock, who will take the position on May 19th 2014.
2014-02-09 19:24:26 /
13. Support for Ukrainian Struggle from Polish NGOs
In January 2014, 326 Polish organisations signed a statement of solidarity with the Ukrainian NGOs. NEWW was one of the signatories of the statement.
2014-02-03 21:43:20 /
14. HOLOCAUST - Women - Sexualized Violence
By Lauren Wolfe
Virtually unexplored until recently, sexualized violence in the Holocaust took many forms, faces, and insidious paths.
2014-01-26 23:13:52 /
15. Adult Literacy Teaching - Free European Training Seminar
We invite you to participate in the free, international advanced training seminar for full- or part-time tutors and teachers in adult literacy programs.
2013-12-15 10:38:58 /